The Trois Lieux is above all the synergy of three associations wishing to accompany migrant women in their quest for dignity and existence.
The NGO D’Antilles & D’Ailleurs, which works for the training and active and democratic participation of women and young people with fewer opportunities. The association develops and participates in projects promoting gender equality, inclusion and the fight against discrimination. It mobilizes its international knowledge and experience for Martinique’s citizens in need of information and opportunities in terms of mobility, financing and training.
The Mouvement Du Nid Martinique is the only West Indian branch of a national association that supports prostitutes. It accompanies these women in their access to justice, care and social security. But also towards autonomy and integration through language courses and computer training for access to rights.
The organization of migrant women FLAM (Latin American Women in Movement) aims to facilitate the social integration of Latin American migrants in Martinique through networking. It fights for women’s rights through the creation of intercultural events.
These three structures established in Martinique collaborate and launch an integrated service offer adapted to the specificities of the island, so that these women pass from the status of exploited human beings to that of autonomous and independent women.
WHO ARE THE WOMEN WE WORK WITH?
The Trois Lieu sees migrant women in a situation of prostitution evolve, most of them living in the priority districts of the city of Fort de France.
These women, who are welcomed and accompanied by our delegation, have in common a life path studded with violence before entering prostitution: intrafamilial sexual violence, emotional deficiencies, abandonment, psychological and/or physical mistreatment. Moreover, the beneficiaries are confronted, from a local point of view, with strong discrimination and stigmatization; in addition to this, there are socio-economic and educational difficulties, as well as cultural differences that create integration difficulties.
HOW WE WORK
WHICH ARE THE SERVICES WE OFFER?
We work through an intersectional feminist and multi-stakeholder approach considering the multi dimension of the discrimination affecting migrant women.
Mouvement Du Nid Martinique ►
Mouvement Du Nid Martinique provides essential basic services to migrant women who have fallen into prostitution:
- Meetings on prostitution sites (in the Terres Saint Ville Neighborhood)
- Administrative and juridical support
- Access to social rights (workshops inviting local public and private services and the migrant women)
- French as a Foreign Language (FLE) Courses
- Individual Psychologic support under request
- Healthcare permanencies
- Support to social-economical insertion (Redaction of CV, skills assessment, preparation for job interviews)
- Training of professionals (social workers, policemen, layers …) about sexual exploitation and victims’ support
D’Antilles et D’Ailleurs ►
D’Antilles et D’Ailleurs integrates the services of the Mouvement Du Nid through:
- Promotion of cultural diversity as an added value for the hosting country (multiplier events, seminar, conference)
- Fight against stereotypes and discrimination through cultural activities
- Development of non-formal education pedagogical methodologies and tools facilitating the education and acquisition of competences of migrant women Moreover, focused on the recognition of competences and resources (positive psychology)
- Volunteering for the Mouvement Du Nid
FLAM (Femmes Latino-Américaine en Mouvement)
- Takes charge of the cultural mediation within the three organization
- Facilitates the inclusion and integration of Latin – American migrant women through individual and group events
WE WORK WITH...
The definition of a common and complementary strategy allows us to offer a holistic approach avoiding overlapping and maximizing the resources in the island. Moreover, the need analysis as well as the general approach has been done through an intersectional feminist approach considering the multi dimension of the discrimination affecting migrant women
- Red Cross Martinique (legal support and exit path from prostitution)
- CULTURE EGALITE (awareness and engagement)
- Employment Office (training – employment)
- CDAD (conseil departamentale d’accès aux droits – legal support)
- ADIE (access to microcredit up to 15,000 euros)
- CTM – Region (social workers, housing, meal vouchers)
- DRDFE (triannual convention on FLE Courses)
- ALEFPA (Anti-violence Center)